Google I/O is currently underway and the biggest news to come out of it has been the launch of the much anticipated Google Nexus 7 featuring the latest Android OS, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Google Nexus 7 is Google’s first self branded Tablet and is being made in association with ASUS. The tablet is also the first quad core tablet running on Android. The tablet has a 1.3GHz Nvidia Tegra 3 Quad core processor. The most interesting aspect of the tablet has been its highly competitive pricing. Google Nexus 7 price in India is yet unknown however it seems the tablet will be priced at approximate $199 which translates to Rs 12000.
Google Nexus 7 Specifications
- Google Nexus 7 is the first tablet to be branded by Google
- The tablet comes with a standard 7″ LED backlit LCD display.
- The tablet is the first to run the latest Android OS 4.1 , Jelly Bean and is powered by a quad core 1.3 GHz processor with 1 GB RAM
- The phone has a 1.2 MP front facing camera for video calls.
- The phone has 8 GB internal memory for all storage requirements. There is also a variant with 16GB internal memory.
- The phone has a 4235 mAh Li-ion battery giving it great power back up.
- The tablet is Wifi only and doesn’t have 3G support. It does however have NFC and Bluetooth 4.0 support along with micro USB 2.0.
Google Nexus 7 Hands On
Google Nexus 7 Price in India
Google Nexus 7 has decided to blow competiton away with its rather aggressive price tag of $199. The Google Nexus 7 price in India is yet unknown but we can expect it to be priced competitively Rs 12000. Google Nexus 7 seems set to blow Amazon Kindle Fire out of the market with its aggressive pricing and its much better Google Play App store and its all new Operating System.