Nokia Asha series has been a significant attempt by Nokia in recent past to claim stake at the burgeoning feature phone market in India and other developing countries. With the Nokia 302 and the Nokia 202, Nokia have excited the imagination of average consumers. Nokia has recently launched the Nokia Asha 306, a high end feature phone that has the functionality of smartphone. Nokia Asha 306 was launched in India along with the Nokia Asha 305 and the Nokia Asha 311. The phone features a full touch form factor making it the most premium offering from the Asha Series.
Nokia Asha 306 technical specification
- The 110.3 x 53.8 x 12.8 mm phone weighs approximately 100 grams.
- The Asha 306 has a resistive touch screen which is a let down to a large extent.
- The 306 has a 3 inch touch screen
- It has a 2 megapixel camera that can capture video as well. There is no secondary camera on the device.
- The phone supports EDGE and 2G connectivity. Unfortunately it does not support 3G connectivity
- The Nokia Asha 306 has 10MB of internal memory that can be expanded upto 32GB.
- The 1100 MAh battery can provide up to 14 hour of talk time.
Cool Features of the Phone
The highlight of the phone is clearly the new Cloud accelerated Nokia Browser which makes browsing up to 3% faster even with 2G networks as well as up to 85% cheaper. The phone does provide the WiFi connectivity option to cater to your browsing needs. The phone comes in different color bodies such as Silver White, Red, Mid Blue and Dark Grey.
Nokia Asha 306 Price in India
Nokia Asha 306 is expected to be available along with Nokia Asha 305 in Q3, 2012. While the company has not yet announced the price range of the phone. We expect that Nokia Asha 306 price in India should be around Rs 4,500. The phone being single sim and operating only in 2G must be priced lower than the Nokia Asha 303 which is currently priced at Rs 7,199.