Nokia may be taking a beating in the smartphone segment from the likes of Samsung Galaxy Y but when it comes to delivering rugged feature phones at rock bottom price, no one can do it better than Nokia. Nokia has made the mobile phone even more affordable with the introduction of Nokia 103. The Nokia 103 price is expected to much lower than the Rs. 1,000 mark. Contrary to the norm, this phone is just a phone and does not try to do everything for the user. So you should consider it only if you need a phone for making calls and may be to listen to music. ideal choice for old people and technology phobic people.
This is a bar shaped phone and weighs around 76 grams. Considering the target population, the phone has a sturdy build. The 800 MAh battery can support the phone for more than 20 days which makes it ideal for Indian villages. This awesome battery life is achieved by doing away with fancy features like color screens. The Nokia 103 ships with standard keypad with a call accept and end key. The D Pad allows for easy navigation through the menu items.
Nokia 103 Specification
- Candybar Budget GSM phone
- Measures 107.2 x 45.1 x 15.3 millimeter and wieghs approximately 75 grams
- 1.36 inches black and white screen
- 800 MAh battery providing 8 hours of talk time and more than 20 days of standby time
- Supports FM Radio and comes with earpiece and loudspeaker
- Phonebook can contain upto 500 entries and the phone can contain 250 sms messages
- It also supports calendar, alarm clock and flashlight
The Nokia 103 is unlike any other phone that we have written about on this blog. The Nokia 103 price is the only thing that makes this bare bone phone exciting for us. In our opinion this is ideal as an entry level phone for students, elderly people not very conversant with technology and for giving to any employee that you need to contact. If you need zazzy stuff like playing games, running chat applications etc, then this phone is not for you. Let us know what you think about the Nokia 103.